The Liebster Award is presented as a recognition to new bloggers. This works through a process of nomination going from one blogger to another. I was nominated by “Just another bookish blog“, and I am in awe of receiving this nomination.
Below are the questions that I was sent and answers to them.
1. What is your favorite book that has a blue spine?
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
2. How do you react to people interrupting your reading time?
For me it depends on the book.
If it’s a book that I’m really into, I can easily have some noise in the background or someone sit next to me and talk.
However, if it’s a book that I find slightly challenging to get through, I will be easily distracted.
3. Favorite bookish quote
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
– C.S. Lewis
4. Do you own any bookish items that is not a book, bookmark, e.reader, light, etc… (eg, poster, mug, book sculpture? Harry potter items, etc…)
I have a mug I got on my trip to Oxford that has the Ravenclaw house logo from Harry Potter on it.
5. What is your favorite season and why?
My favorite season would have to be the end of fall / autumn.
I feel like it is such a peaceful time everywhere because Christmas is right around the corner, it’s acceptable to wear thick sweaters and scarves, while sipping on hot tea.
Also, whenever you open a window or leave the house, there’s a hint of burning wood in the air from people fireplaces.
6. What is your opinion on readers (kindle, for example)?
I think the idea of a kindle and other e-readers if great and I believe that the idea of having a home library at your fingertips is pretty cool.
However, I’m one of those readers who loves the smell and feel of both new and old books, hence slightly against the idea of these kinds of readers.
7. One place and time you would love to be at right now.
That place would have to be Rome, Italy.
However without any tourists and a little more peaceful.
8. Go to your shelf, close your eyes, spin around, and pick a book at total random. What is it? What’s your story about it?
I got Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
The story behind this book is quite simple, I got it when I was on holiday with my family, and every minute that I had in the hotel I would dedicate to reading this book, it was pretty engaging and hard to put down. I think I managed to finish it in two or three days.
Also, it is probably one of the prettiest books I own that I’ve read. (no creases on the spine or bent pages)
9. Pink or blue?
That depends on what and on my mood.
10. Is the glass half empty or half full?
In theory, the glass is always full.
There’s always air in it too.
Now it’s your turn!
Here’s what you have to do:
– accept this nomination
– create a blog post that features a small explanation of what this is, a small thank you, and answers to the 10 questions I give you (copy paste them to your post)
– share the nomination with 10 other bloggers (that have less than 200 followers / bloggers can be re-nominated)
And here are your 10 questions from me
1. What do you think of books being made into movies?
2. If you could choose a fantasy world (Narnia, Hogwarts, Panem, or other) which one and why?
3. What made you pick up the book you are currently reading?
4. How many times is it acceptable to re-read a book according to you?
5. A quote by your favorite author
6. We’ve all had to read some kind of play in High School, which one was your favorite and why do you remember it?
7. Do you enjoy drinking or snacking on while reading? If so, what?
8. How do you feel about audio-books?
9. What do you enjoy reading when you’re in-transit? (on the train / bus / car / etc.)
10. Out of the recent books you have read, which one, and why, would you recommend to your mom?